Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Counting down to year 2010

I wondered if I should write this post depressingly or should I just be tremendously happy to welcome the year of 2010.

In a few more days to come, I'll turn 28. An age that I've never expected myself to be whom I am now! Just ridiculously WTF!

When I was a naive 18 yrs old girl, these was how I thought I will be in 10yrs time:
  • Old and mature, with a career of course!
  • Just got married, starting a new family, of course with the guy I was with. (Well, I did really plan to marry him. He's a BF + Husband material. Too bad, he's not mine anymore and he's already taken.)
Blah! Too much disclosure.

And I am just the total opposite of what I've been thinking of, while many are getting marry or have been already married. Some are with children too! Wow..this is the age where I should have been called an "AUNTY"! Gosh, keep me out of this!

Thinking of all the things that I've done for the year 2009, let me list down a few accomplishments (though there are some negative ones. sigh~) :
  • I'm still attached to Sony. Still in the same department, working on embedded programming. Bravo to me! Ending this week, it'll mark 1yr 10mths.
  • Gain some weight. That's about 3kg of weight. My last weight recorded a surprisingly 48kg. I remembered there was once I almost hit 50kg. Sigh. I shall make a new year resolution to lose the extra weight that I've gained. Needless to say, I shall skip all supper, oily food, and do more exercise!
  • I run more than I've done all this while! Challenged the Standard Chartered 10km marathon, and I'd clocked about 1hr 42mins. For some time, I've been diligently slow jogging for at least 30mins, 3 times a week (It was 1 hr practice before the marathon). However, being hardworking makes no good for my thighs and calves. They are growing bigger.

Shookie's completion medal plus certificate. *Proud*

  • Lost my handbag and phone. Karen was the unlucky one too! We kept our belongings in the car while touring around Titiwangsa Lake, and it was just the right time for our stuffs to be stolen! Our damages: 2 Coach wallets, 1 Nokia handphone, few hundreds MYR, and about 500 HKD! Curse on the thieves!!
  • A few attacks of sprained wrist on the right hand. I was very worried that it will be the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS), though the doctor said that it was not! However, Mum is the unlucky one. She'll be having the CTS surgery on the 6th of Jan 2010. Pray for the success of her surgery (though it's a minor surgery) and good health in 2010.

Heavily on bandaged. And I acted as if I'm ULTRAMAN.

  • Submitted my Master application. Pray hard that I'll be selected! (Mali-mali-mali-hom..come to me!!)
  • Keeping my hair short. Yeah, it's a year with hair shorter than my shoulder length.
  • Biggest lost of the year - a relationship, a love that is not able to grow beyond 3 yrs. Not to worry about me, I'm healing.
  • Lastly, Baby Cheng and I decided to start our blog. And this is the blog that you are reading right now!
I'm not a person who will make new year resolutions every year. NOT EXACTLY INTO IT. Because I'll never stick to it, and I bet most of the people don't too!

However, for the coming year, I'll make myself a motto:

LIVE LIFE ABUNDANTLY!

Life is short. So, live life as if there's no tomorrow. Be better tomorrow than today.

Happy New Year!

-Shookie-

2 comments:

-jia- said...

ermmm...it's 1k HKD ok..?

Jessyca said...

hihi~Buaya Jess first time crawl over your blog (through Ryan_L). What master did you apply? Is it a scholarship?